In this five-day photography workshop, you will learn how to create beautiful images of mushrooms of all sizes from two well-known and highly experienced mushroom photographers. Each day will include a morning lecture on shooting techniques, morning and afternoon sessions with guided shooting in the field, and an afternoon lecture on post-processing techniques.
You will learn how to create photographs of mushrooms for both visual and scientific appeal. Classroom lectures will cover:
- Gear for mushroom photography
- Selecting mushrooms to photograph and preparing the scene
- Basics of exposure and lighting
- Focus stacking
- Post-processing techniques, tips, and tricks
- Enhancing images with Topaz software
- Image review and critique
Mushrooms observed and photographed will be identified by Alan Rockefeller.
There will be evening walks to look for and photograph fluorescent fungi, lichens, and plants.
Experience level: Beginner to advanced. Anyone with a DSLR or mirrorless camera will benefit from this workshop.
What: The Art of Mushroom Photography
When: September 18-22, 2023
Where: Madeline Island, Wisconsin