Here’s the video version. pic.twitter.com/u5zRFNIkvd
— Russ Bitely (@russbites) October 15, 2020
Mayhem broke out at an ice rink in Brighton, New York (upstate, near Rochester) when a Zamboni that was cleaning the ice at a hockey rink caught on fire.
The hose on the back of the Zamboni started leaking hydraulic fluid. Shortly afterwards, the hose caught on fire. This is according to a statement from Bill Gray’s Regional Iceplex, the location of the incident itself.
The Zamboni was named after its creator, Frank Zamboni, who applied for the patent in 1949 and got it in 1953.
The zamboni was first used to clean and smooth the ice in an NHL game in 1954.