Thanks to Dbusiness for this:
Sharrow Marine, a wholly owned subsidiary of Philadelphia’s Sharrow Engineering, today announced plans to build its global manufacturing headquarters for the Sharrow Propeller in Detroit, Michigan.
The headquarters’ exact location, timeline for operations, and hiring plans were not disclosed.
Sharrow Marine is a nautical and aeronautical engineering company that focuses on the research and development of propulsion technologies. It offers propellers for inboard, commercial, and government use.
“We are thrilled to be announcing our plans to build our new headquarters in Detroit,” says Greg Sharrow, a native Detroiter and CEO of Sharrow Marine. “Detroit will become the new home base for manufacturing, customer service, and engineering development. We are excited to bring jobs to Detroit and to be bringing big propeller manufacturing back to the USA.”
The Sharrow MX-1 Propeller offers improvements in fuel efficiency and performance. It has undergone third-party testing, including independent testing by BoatTEST.com.
- Better idle performance
- Planes at a lower RPM
- Is faster at all RPM settings
- Gets significantly more miles per gallon at 3,000 and 3,500 RPM
- Is more fuel efficient at every speed through water setting
- Is as much as 18 percent more fuel efficient at 26-28 miles per hour
- Produces the highest top speed
- Creates noticeably less vibration
- Is generally quieter
- Has superior handling in tight turns at high speeds
- Improves handling in reverse
- Provides the greatest range at all speeds
To protect the intellectual property rights for the propeller, 54 U.S. and international patent applications have been filed with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office; 27 patents have been awarded in the U.S., Japan, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, 14 European countries, Taiwan, China, and South Korea.
The propeller is available for purchase from:
Sharrow Marine online store