Magnet Fishing is where you throw a big magnet tied to a cable into the water and bring up scrap metal. From scrap metal, to buried treasure, to forgotten history, to hidden secrets, you never know what will turn up on this fishing adventure!
Join Right Brain Brewery and the Boardman River Clean Sweep on Father’s Day weekend for some good old-fashioned family fun and support a great cause while doing it.
All proceeds from the collected scrap metal will go toward the BRCS.
What: Magnet Fishing Competition
When: Saturday, June 17, 2023
Where: Right Brain Brewery (225 E. Sixteenth st, Traverse City, MI)
Time: Noon – 3:00 p.m.
Cost: $25.00 per person
Here are the tournament details from Right Brain:
- 11:30 a.m.: Meet at Right Brain. 225 E. 16th St. in Traverse City. You’ll be provided with a magnet, 50 feet of rope, and a bucket with your name on it to collect your scrap metal.
- Noon: Go fish! Take to the trails and utilize the recently completed 4-mile loop of the Boardman Lake Loop Trail to hit any public access areas around the Boardman Lake.
- Fish from shore only, please! Wading and utilizing a watercraft of any kind are not permitted at this event. We’ve kindly been asked by the DNR to follow these rules. Right Brain and Boardman River Clean Sweep staff members will be onsite for your safety.
- Fast Eddie, a long-time employee of Right Brain, will be cruising around the trail on his bike and trailer to collect your buckets when you’re done fishing.
- 2:45 p.m.: Meet back at Right Brain for refreshments and weigh-in. The person with the most weight in metal wins $100!
- 3:00 p.m.: The winner is announced.