Thanks to Mlive for this:
CHARLEVOIX, MI – You could win the wedding of your dreams at historic Michigan castle, Castle Farms, which is one of the top wedding destinations in Michigan.
Castle Farms is now taking entries for its 2020 military wedding giveaway.
This is the seventh year of this contest. Pictured are Isabel and Louie, last year’s winners. Louie is attending medical school for the Army in Washington, D.C. and Isabel is finishing school at U of M.
The 2020 winners receive everything, and we mean everything for the wedding:
The free ceremony and reception for up to 150 guests at Castle Farms along with 16 different wedding vendors donating their services.
Everything is included from catering to decor.
How to enter:
Michigan military couples can SUBMIT their stories online at the Castle Farms website.
A private board will vote for the winning couple who will be announced on Valentine’s Day on February 14.
To be eligible for the contest, a member of the couple must have served or is serving in any branch of the military and be a Michigan resident.
“It is an honor to provide a couple who has undoubtedly sacrificed somethings in their relationship in order to serve the people of this county with a dream wedding,” said Brittany Maggrett, Events Director at Castle Farms. “We, along with each vendor donating their time and services, are doing this as one way of showing our thanks and appreciation for all that our service members do for our country.”
The list of vendors includes:
Inn at Bay Harbor, Top Tier Cakery, Otsego Grand Catering, Heart Wedding Décor, 307 Events, Sweet Seats, Thyme Hill Designs, ALH Beauty, Town’s End Clydesdales & Carriage, Northern Michigan Ministers, Paxton Photography, Motion Booth, Ed’s DJ Service, FALL in Love Events and 97 Films.
The contest is open to local couples where one or both are an active member or veteran of the U.S. Armed Forces.
All branches of the military are included: Air Force, Army, Coast Guard, Marine Corps, National Guard, Navy, and Reserves.
- ROTC members do not qualify
- Couples must be unmarried and not in the process of getting a divorce, OR married and renewing their vows.
- Couples must be age 18 or over, and citizens of the United States.
- The winning couple will plan and host their wedding between April 1, 2020 and February 1, 2021 at Castle Farms.
- The guest limit is 150 or less, including the wedding party. The winners can pay for additional guests.
- If desired, alcohol may be purchased by the winning couple and must be served by a certified and insured bartender at the couple’s expense. Wine must be purchased through Castle Farms’ 1918 Cellars.
- The couple nominating themselves must confirm all information is true, agree to the stated terms, and give permission to use their story and photos (both personal and from the wedding) publicly.
- Voting will not be public. Castle Farms has selected a private board (not including Castle staff members) that will be able to cast their vote for the winner.
- It is the couple’s responsibility to choose a date that works with the venue and donating vendors.
- If a vendor is not available for the chosen date, no compensation will be awarded and no alternate vendor will be available.
- Venue and vendor deposits are non-refundable.
- Service fees, labor, and taxes may apply depending on the vendor.
- One or both people must have permanent residency in Michigan.
- Couples MUST submit review for vendors that they work with on at least one of their vendor’s platforms.
Castle Farms (Charlevoix, Michigan) Military Wedding Giveaway