Countdown to Christmas 2017
Every boat needs a USCG first aid kit aboard. This is the one the Mystic Maiden has and recommends!
The Pac-Kit 8010 135-piece lifeboat first aid kit contains supplies for treating cuts, abrasions, burns, headaches, eye wounds, and fractures for up to 25 people. The kit comes in a weatherproof plastic case with a carrying handle and mounting holes that measures 10 x 10 x 3 inches (H x W x D). (H is height, the vertical distance from lowest to highest point; W is width, the horizontal distance from left to right; D is depth, the horizontal distance from front to back.) This first aid kit has been approved for use in lifeboats by the United States Coast Guard. Refill supplies are sold separately.
A first aid kit holds a variety of supplies for treating injuries such as cuts, burns, scratches, and bleeding, and for giving CPR. First aid kits are commonly used in OSHA-certified and other workplaces, in facility management, emergency environments, and in industrial, contracting, sporting, and home applications.
Pac-Kit Safety Equipment manufactures first aid supplies, eye wash stations, and gloves. The company, founded in 1946, is headquartered in Fairfield, CT.
What’s in the Box?
Contents are based on availability; actual contents may vary
- Plastic case
- Rubber tourniquet
- Wire splint
- (10) Antiseptic towelettes
- (10) Ammonia inhalant pads
- (12) Burn gel packets
- (50) Aspirin tablets
- (2) Eye wash, 1 ounce
- (2) Eye pads, 2-5/8″ x 1-5/8″, with adhesive strips
- (32) Adhesive bandages, 1″ x 3″
- (3) Hema-Flex compresses, 4″ x 8″ pad stitched to a 4″ x 72″ (stretched) gauze bandages
- (8) Hema-Flex compresses, 2″ x 4″ pad stitched to a 2″ x 36″ (stretched) gauze bandage
- (2) Stretch gauze bandages, 4″ x 4 yards
- (2) Gauze compresses, 24″ x 72″
- (2) Triangular bandages, 40″ x 40″ x 56″