The Department of Defense Serum Repository (DoDSR) is located in Silver Spring, Maryland.
It is operated by the Armed Forces Health Surveillance Center (AFHSC), a subordinate of the United States Army Center for Health Promotion and Preventive Medicine (USACHPPM), which evolved from the Johns Hopkins School of Hygiene and Public Health.
The repository was established in 1989 and collects samples primarily from applicants to and members of the United States Uniformed Services.
The uniformed services are:
- United States Army
- United States Marine Corps
- United States Navy
- United States Air Force
- United States Space Force
- United States Coast Guard
- United States Public Health Service Commissioned Corps
- National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration Commissioned Officer Corps