Beer lovers unite! The World Expo of Beer in Frankenmuth features over 300 beers from 50 breweries on 5 continents.
Founded in 1845 by German missionaries, the city of Frankenmuth (aka: Michigan’s “Little Bavaria”) is replete with Bavarian German influence.
The annual Oktoberfest in Frankenmuth is the only Oktoberfest in the entire world officially sanctioned by Munich, for God’s sakes!
JobbieCrew’s Frankenmuth Recommendations:
- Zehnder’s Restaurant (730 S. Main) huge 1500-seat restaurant owned by the Zehnder family
- Frankenmuth Brewery (425 S. Main)
- Bronner’s (25 Christmas Lane) world’s largest Christmas store! Founded by Wally Bronner. The store is 8-acres. Yes, the actual store size. It’s on 28-acres of land.
- Sullivan’s Black Forest Brew Haus (281 Heinlein Strasse)
- Oma’s Restaurant @ Bavarian Inn Lodge (One Covered Bridge Lane)
If driving to Frankenmuth from Detroit, you must stop on the way at:
Tony’s I-75 Restaurant (8781 Main Street, Birch Run, Michigan)
Tony’s has humongous sandwiches packed with ONE-POUND OF BACON! This restaurant goes through 11,000lbs. of bacon weekly!
Also, check out the Kreepy Kloset Halloween Store @ the Birch Run Premium Outlets (12240 South Beyer rd, Birch Run).
What: World Expo of Beer
Where: Kern Pavilion @ Heritage Park (601 Weiss St, Frankenmuth, MI)
When: Friday, May 17th-Saturday, May 18th, 2019
Time: Friday (5pm-10pm), Saturday (3pm-10pm)
Cost: $18.00 entry
Organizers: Frankenmuth Jaycees (god bless ’em)
List of Featured Breweries
Facebook event page
Buy tickets here