Beer lovers unite!
The World Expo of Beer in Frankenmuth features over 350 beers from 50 breweries on 5 continents.
Founded in 1845 by German missionaries, the city of Frankenmuth (aka: Michigan’s “Little Bavaria”) is replete with Bavarian German influence.
The annual Oktoberfest in Frankenmuth is the only Oktoberfest in the entire world officially sanctioned by Munich, for God’s sakes!
JobbieCrew’s Frankenmuth Recommendations:
- Dragon Forge Experience (925 S. Main) forge your own knife or magic wand!
- Bavarian Belle Riverboat (925 S. Main St, D-3) cruise the Cass River on an authentic paddlewheel riverboat!
- Frankenmuth Aerial Park (1375 Weiss St) fun aerial obstacle adventure course which includes zip lines
- Lorelei Lounge @ Bavarian Inn Lodge (One Covered Bridge Lane) live music nightly on the Bier Garten patio
- Frankenmuth Brewery (425 S. Main) c. 1862; Michigan’s oldest microbrewery
- Bronner’s Christmas Wonderland (25 Christmas Lane) world’s largest Christmas store! Founded by Wally Bronner. The store is 8-acres. Yes, the actual store size. It’s on 28-acres of land.
- Zehnder’s Restaurant (730 S. Main) huge 1500-seat restaurant owned by the Zehnder family; this is one of the top grossing independent restaurants in the USA
- Oma’s Restaurant @ Bavarian Inn Lodge (One Covered Bridge Lane) good breakfast place, try the Frankenmuth French Toast
If driving to Frankenmuth from Detroit, you must stop on the way at:
Tony’s I-75 Restaurant (8781 Main Street, Birch Run, Michigan) Tony’s has humongous sandwiches packed with ONE-POUND OF BACON! This restaurant goes through 11,000lbs. of bacon weekly!
Also, check out the Kreepy Kloset Halloween Store @ the Birch Run Premium Outlets (12240 South Beyer rd, Birch Run).
Michigan rock band Greta Van Fleet is from Frankenmuth, Michigan.
Comprised of the Kiszka brothers (who now live in Nashville), the band got its name from local octogenarian Gretna Van Fleet, a fellow resident of their hometown.
Their father, Kelly Kiszka, plays in local band called the Monday Night Blues Band. They play live shows all over town.
What: World Expo of Beer
Where: Kern Pavilion @ Heritage Park (601 Weiss St, Frankenmuth, MI)
When: May 20-21, 2022
Organizers: Frankenmuth Jaycees (god bless ’em)
Buy tickets here