The State of Michigan’s General Election is on Tuesday, November 6th, 2018.
We will be getting a new Governor. Our current Governor has served the state-imposed limit of two 4-year terms.
Plus, the Michigan Board of State Canvassers recently approved the initiative to Legalize Marijuana for Adult Recreational Use on the November ballot!
So, make sure you vote this November, it’s gonna be a big one.
Vote YES on Michigan Marijuana!
If Michigan votes to legalize marijuana for recreational use:
- It would be legal for those 21+ up
- You could have up to 2.5 ounces on you
- You could grow up to 12 plants (Class A growers could cultivate up to 100 plants, Class B up to 500 plants and Class C marijuana growers would be authorized to cultivate up to 2,000 plants)
- Marijuana businesses would be licensed by the state
- Maximum THC levels would be regulated
- Marijuana would be taxed at 10% (plus the existing 6% sales tax)
- Tax revenue would be divided = 35% to education, 35% to roads, 30% to cities and counties with marijuana businesses
Michigan Marijuana Initiative