Lexington, Kentucky is a beautiful area.
The city is about 90 minutes east of Louisville and features lush rolling green hills, great food, polite people and over 400+ horse farms. Lexington is the horse farm capital of the USA.
Kentucky native Johnny Depp is selling his 41-acre horse farm for $2.9 million dollars.
The farm is located at 5393 Versailles Road, Lexington, KY and there’s a 6,000sq ft house with 7 bedrooms and 3 barns on the property.
If you visit Lexington (and you should, it’s a great area) check out:
- Keeneland Race Course (4201 Versailles Road) c. 1936 horse track and they have world famous Thoroughbred horse auctions here regularly.
- Calumet Horse Farm (3301 Versailles Road) c. 1924, 800 acres, known for producing numerous Triple Crown winners; farm valued at $36mil.
- Tortilleria y Taqueria Ramirez (1429 Alexandria Drive) great Mexican food spot in a strip mall run by the Ramirez family. Try the steak burrito and al pastor taco.
- McConnell Springs Park (416 Rebmann Lane) beautiful park bizarrely located in back of an industrial part of the city near where Lexington was founded.
- Blue Door Smokehouse (226 Walton ave) great BBQ. Try the smoked brisket sandwich.
- Drakes Bar (3347 Tates Creek Road) great bar next to Malone’s Steakhouse
Buy Johnny Depp’s Horse Farm ($2.9mil)