At the same time grass turns green in a day and the tress start the paint eating/staining ritual called budding. Spring is in the air!
- Where the heck is Gull Island? – The coordinates are Latitude: 42.530293 Longitude: -82.680194, Gull Island is a small island that borders the South Channel and Harsens Island in Lake St Clair in the great state of Michigan
- How do I get there? – The only way to get there is by boat (unless you are one hell of a swimmer). It’s real easy get there. Go to the end of Metro Beach and head east and a little south.
- What time does it start? – Some people start the night before (including us). To get a close spot you should plan on being there by 10:00am
- Can I get a ride out there with you? – As you can imagine we get a lot of requests for this. Sorry, No. Unfortunately we have a full crew.
- Are you the organizer of Jobbie Nooner? – No there is no organizer no matter what people say. Some pf us spend time working on it than others but It’s an event that has been going on for 20+ years. We are just a site dedicated to promoting
Jobbie Nooner and The Longest Raft-Off and boating fun on Lake St Clair
- What are the laws reguarding Jobbie Nooner?– As with any other public party our friends in law enforcement are out there to make sure everyone has a safe time. The same laws apply as anywhere elseDrunk Driving = DUI and arrested. Always have a dedicated captain
Fighting = Your a mean drunk and keep your ass at home. Your not impressing any girls.
Sexual assault = sexual assault and jail time.(after you get the crap beat out of you)
Do’s and Dont’s
- Leave the island cleaner than you found it – Take all of your trash with you
- DO NOT BRING KIDS – Should not have to say this but every year we see them
- Do not bring glass bottles
- Bring plenty of sunscreen
- Bring plenty of water
- Earn your beads