If you’re a fisherman, you know that Michigan has some of the best trout streams in the United States. You’re also most likely familiar with the Kalkaska area’s Manistee River and Lake Skegemog.
Going strong since 1935, the annual National Trout Festival, celebrates the opening of trout fishing season in Michigan.
Trout fishing, carnival rides, petting zoo, Troutzilla, fireworks etc. The Trout King this year is the retired Chief of River Rouge Police Department, David Israel.
JobbieCrew’s Recommended Kalkaska Spots to check out if you go:
- Cherry Street Market (301 West Mile Road NW, Kalkaska)
- Timber Wolf Golf Course (5646 M-72, Kalkaska)
- Dingman’s Bar (11021 W. Bear Lake Rd SE, Kalkaska)
- Torch River Marine (12906 Cherry Ave, Rapid City)
- Crossroads Showgirls topless bar (4621 Rapid City rd, Rapid City)
What: 82nd annual National Trout Festival
When: Wed, April 25th-Sun, April 29, 2018
Where: Kalkaska County Fairgrounds (1905 Fairground Dr, Kalkaska, MI)
Contact: Diana Needgam (231) 384-1509; firstname.lastname@example.org